Text and Image
International Juried Art Exhibition NYC
June 16th – July 16th 2017
Text and Image
The exhibition will highlight the intersection between text and image.
About the Juror:
We are fortunate to have the highly respected critic Edith Newhall jurying the show. Newhall is the art critic for the Philadelphia Inquirer, where she has been since 2005. Her previous positions include staff writer and editor for New York Magazine. Her articles on the arts and travel have also been published in ARTnews, the Washington Post, Travel & Leisure and Condé-Nast Traveler.
Site:Brooklyn is a street level gallery located in the heart of the Gowanus arts district. The gallery is dedicated to exhibiting a wide range of emerging and midcareer artists. The gallery invites artists, curators and writers to engage in lively exhibitions, criticism and the exchange of ideas through art, reflecting our times and shaping our culture.
CALL TO ARTISTS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Call Announcement Date: March 13, 2017
Final Submission Deadline: May 4, 2017
Notification Letter Date: May 13, 2017
Gallery Exhibition Dates: June 16 – July 16, 2017
Opening Reception: Friday June 16, 2017 from 6-9PM
ELIGIBILITY: This call for submission is open to all artist 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in all two dimensional mixed media, drawing, painting, printmaking and photography.
JURYING: Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decisions of the judges are final.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEES: Only original works may be submitted. The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
A completed application consists of the following information and files: Name, contact information, Images,
Text descriptors for each image must include Title, Year Completed, Medium & Dimensions
All entries must be registered/received by midnight,
May 4, 2017 MDT.
All entry fees are non-refundable.
DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION:
ACCEPTANCE: Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by May 13, 2017. A return confirmation of participation is required by May 18, 2017 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
1. Maximum Size: 48” w X 60” H X 4” D
2. All work must be suitably framed to a professional standard. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges. All framed conventional work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Canvases may have neat gallery wrapped edges.
3. Work must be wired and ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No artwork may be substituted.
4. All artwork must be priced for sale.
5. Work cannot be withdrawn nor sales shipped before the end of the exhibit.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK:
1. All Shipped Artwork must arrive at the gallery between May 24, 2017 and June12, 2017. Shipping address is Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 (UPS and Fedex are our preferred carriers). The artist assumes all responsibility for insuring artwork against shipping damage or loss. Artists will be responsible for delivery and return shipping of all their artwork. All work must be gallery ready for installation.
2. Work can be hand delivered to Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215by artist or artist’s agent on Saturday or Sunday June 10 and 11 from 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Hand-delivered works must be removed by artist or artist’s agent--see paragraph on Hand Removal below.
RETURN: - Shipped work must be packaged in a reusable container. A prepaid label for its return must be enclosed. Shipping address Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215. The gallery accepts no responsibility for damages in shipping or work left in the gallery after pick up date.
HAND REMOVAL: Hand-delivered artwork must be removed by the artist, or artist’s agent, on Monday, July 17 and Tuesday, July 18, 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Any work not removed during this specified time will be stored for a month at the rate of $5.00 a day and disposed of in accordance with NYS law.
LATE ARRIVAL AND RETURNS: Site:Brooklyn reserves the right to reject and return work that is late at the artist’s expense.
LIABILITY: Site:Brooklyn is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking. Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but Site:Brooklyn assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance.
SALES, COMMISSIONS: Site:Brooklyn will retain a 40% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to email@example.com
ENTRY AGREEMENT: With the submission of artwork into the Text and Image Exhibition, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.